Central Maine Healthcare Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Coaches Offer Information and Support
Lifestyle coaches are an essential part of the Central Maine Healthcare Diabetes Prevention Program.
CMH lifestyle coaches have all been trained by a Master Trainer or Master Trainer Select, certified by the Diabetes Training and Technical Assistance Center at Emory University. Our coaches are skilled in helping people who have been diagnosed with prediabetes achieve lifestyle changes that will enable them to prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes.
Our coaches help people:
- Learn the facts about healthy eating and physical activity and explain how these behaviors will help reduce risk for type 2 diabetes
- Set and meet goals
- Build relationships with other participants
- Work as a group to meet challenges
- Understand and respond to food cues
- Stay motivated
- Solve problems that get in the way of making healthy changes