Effective Emergency Response Requires Collaboration and Communication
The success of any emergency medical services (EMS) system is dependent on the performance of each component.
Central Maine Medical Center's Emergency Medical Services division focuses on quickly establishing and consistently maintaining medical oversight of injured patients or those with emergent medical problems.
Effective emergency response requires:
- Early recognition of an injury or illness
- Timely activation of the 911 response system
- Complete and appropriate information relay from 911 dispatchers to the emergency response team
- Delivery of appropriate level of care by pre-hospital responders
- Effective communication between responder and emergency care providers at receiving hospitals
- Appropriate in-hospital care
CMMC works closely with pre-hospital responders to ensure that emergency patients get the critical attention they need.