What We Provide
CMMC's Palliative Care Team Provides Many Services
The Palliative Care Team is requested when:
- A patient with a serious illness is struggling with pain or other symptoms.
- A patient is experiencing physical, emotional or spiritual suffering that is not under control.
- A patient needs help in understanding his/her situation and coordinating care.
Palliative Care Team services include:
- Working with the patient's doctor to provide his/her care.
- Relief of pain and other distressing symptoms.
- A coordinated approach to addressing all types of suffering, including physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- Open discussions about treatment choices, including disease treatment and symptom management.
- Supporting the patient's goals to improve quality of life.
- Involvement at any time during the patient's illness, working together with other treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation.
- A celebration of life, while also regarding dying as a normal process when that time comes.
- Advocating for the patient, with a focus on communication and education.