How to Contact CMMC's Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
If a patient in an acute care hospital setting needs rehabilitation, the referral process is as follows:
- Doctors, case-managers, physicians' assistants, and nurse practitioners can make acute rehab referrals at any time, to request to have a patient evaluated and screened.
- The unit's Intake Coordinator, Deanna, can be reached at 207-795-2586, Monday through Friday.
- Weekend and night referrals can be made by calling the Rehab Unit at 207-795-2600.
- For patients with private insurance, a pre-certification is required prior to admission. In those cases, any weekend referrals will be addressed on Monday.
- The inpatient screening includes a chart review, discussions with health care personnel and a meeting with the patient and/or family to obtain information and address any questions or concerns.
- Patients and/or families can also request a tour of Central Maine Rehabilitation Unit at any time.