Urodynamic Testing Measures Bladder Functioning
Urodynamic testing is a series of tests that measure the function of the bladder of how it fills and empties. The test helps the urologist diagnose and treat bladder problems. Some reasons why patients would have this testing is:
- You may be leaking urine.
- Your bladder may not completely empty.
- You may have symptoms of urgency or frequency.
- Your stream may seem slower or weak than it used to be.
- You may have recurrent urinary tract infections.
A nurse would be performing the test and the results would be reviewed by your doctor. The results of the testing would be discussed with the patient at their follow up appointment.